Friday, June 20, 2008

My New Camera

It's official, my new 40D is here and I'm so excited! I took Ben to the park today to test it out and needless to say, I have a LOT to learn! Besides the obvious functionality differences from the Rebel I've been using, and the fact that it's a lot heavier, the biggest improvement I saw is the COLOR. Man oh man. Being a pre-press girl from the publishing industry I know a lot about color and this camera really digs in and gets color so much truer and richer. Love it. Granted, Blogger really flattens color out, but I can deal with that since the true results are awesome.

First shot out of the camera:


Like I said, still have lots to learn! Here's a sampling of others. I LOVE THIS KID! And the camera, too. :)








10 comments:

rebeca June 20, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

First:congratulations for your new camera! You´re a great artist...excellent pictures...and your son is so beatiful!!! En verdad, muy hermosas fotografías!Muchas felicidades...

Scuba Steve June 20, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

Our son is too manly to be beautiful, lol but I know what you are trying to say and thank you very much!

randivon June 20, 2008 at 8:08 PM  

I am confused. Is "Scuba Steve" John? How come I never knew this??!!

On to more important topics, Ben looks so much like John! Those are great pics and I am so excited for you and your new camera. Congrats!

Aurora June 20, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

What a cute litte baby!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!

Kelli June 20, 2008 at 8:43 PM  

YAY! And the pics looks awesome. John, your son can still be manly AND beautiful. Seriously, we mean "beautiful" like a work of art, which many MANLY MEN are, too. (Ahem, Ryan Gosling!) But, you know, as a mini-man for Ben, I mean. He's beautiful.

Scuba Steve June 20, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

still not beautiful!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} June 21, 2008 at 6:19 AM  

I LOVE the shot of his feet coming down the slide. All the pictures look great, though, and how exciting that your camera arrived!!

Jenny June 21, 2008 at 5:32 PM  

Seriously, Ben is pyscho photogenic, it's crazy. The new pics look great and hoping to reap the benefits of this new camera at the beach!!

Mubeen June 22, 2008 at 5:32 AM  

Congrats on your new camera!!!!!!!!!!! Those are amazing pictures of your BEAUTIFUL (:-)) son...he really is gorgeous! So, um, what happened to taking my picture first? lol, jk!!! When your next two crazy weeks are over (and my crazy weeks are over as well), let's plan a date for you to do our family pics! XOXO

Scuba Steve June 22, 2008 at 7:28 PM  

He's not beautiful DANG IT!