Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Photo Challenge Week 1: In the Grass

I came up with an idea the other day after reading another photographer's blog. I wanted to do a weekly photo challenge for myself and anyone else who wanted to join me. My sister Mandie is also a photographer and I ran the idea across her because she comes up with all these harebrained ideas too. Luckily she actually liked this one and now we have our first Photo Challenge week! Any other photographers who read this, we would love for you to join our challenge. Just leave a comment and I'll send you the details!

So after making a HUGE list of challenge ideas we decided our first week would be In the Grass. Because it's scorchingly hot here in Texas and the grass will only be green for so much longer! My image today is not the most fantastic image ever, but it's an idea I had for the opening spread of a wedding album I'm designing for one of our May brides. I felt like the grass and their wedding invitation really sets the tone for their wedding experience. Beautiful sunflowers and green accents ran throughout their whole day and it was just gorgeous. This is an image I shot this morning (I love when brides send us wedding invitations!) and I may look for a patch of grass that hasn't been mowed to match their free-spirited style a little better. If I do I'll update this post with the new image. But for now, here's my contribution to this week's photo challenge!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Chan August 13, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

I would love to know more

Missy August 13, 2010 at 6:23 PM  

Hi Chan! Send me an email at missysaunders@gmail.com and I'll send you the info! Thanks!

tracie August 21, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

I love photo challenges. Count me in.