Thursday, August 26, 2010

The W Family | Arlington Family Photographer

I think most people would agree that taking pictures of 2-year-olds is hard. It's even hard for parents to get good pictures of little ones that won't sit still or are more interested in what's going on around them than staring at a camera. So when some friends of mine called to see if I could take their family pictures before baby #2 comes and to also get some 2-year pics of their son I was excited! And scared. Two year olds are hard! I think I cried when we came home from our own family photo shoot when Ben was 2. He just did not cooperate! So I always come extra prepared for sessions with toddlers. This session was no exception!

So we started the standard family picture so he wouldn't have to sit still long. He did really good!
Photobucket

Then dad had to pick him up since there was so much to explore at the park we were at. And he still did great!
Photobucket

After that I started to get a little creative because, well, he's two. But he was not a fan of my big bucket.
Photobucket

And the lollipop I brought broke the minute he bit down on it.
Photobucket

Now after this I was chasing him around and totally broke the strap on my flip flop. My favorite brown and silver flip flop. Awesome, right? Luckily the mom (owner of this great etsy site) had brought an extra pair of shoes since she was over 20 weeks prego and let me borrow her shoes. Thank you, Amber!!

So we were back on track. He loved running on the bridge and being held over the edge by his dad.
Photobucket

And lying down on the bridge was one of his favorite things. And included two of my favorite images of their session.
Photobucket
Photobucket

But the clencher was when his dad pulled out the bottle water and soaked the little guy! This kid LOVES water. It was the perfect way to end their session!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

All in all shooting toddlers is a tough job, but I honestly have the most fun doing it! I can't wait to take pictures of his new baby brother in a few short months!



1 comments:

Kari August 26, 2010 at 9:49 PM  

Those really turned out well. I agree with you about the bridge pics. Those are good ones!