Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Photo Challenge Week 2: Shadow

I'm totally phoning it in with this one. I shot this last week right before a wedding we were shooting and never had chance to reshoot it! I did take some 4-year pics of Ben today, but he was not exactly thrilled with taking pictures of his shadow again. Not to mention it was 1pm and the shadow casts are so short that time of day, anyway! So I give you my shadow pic! One thing I do love to do to shadow pics is flip them. Much like John's awesome shadow pic from this shoot, I flipped it to give it a little more interest. It always makes me a little dizzy looking at them upside down, but I still think it's kind of cool!

What I really wanted to do was get a pic of Ben jumping so it was just his shadow and then flipping it, but I might do that again sometime to see if I can actually successfully do it. But if I were to shoot this particular image again, I'd either shoot wide open to give the shadow more depth or I'd shoot at a really high f-stop to get it completely in focus. I'll have to play with that another time. :)

Photobucket

f/3.2
1/1000 sec
ISO 200

0 comments: